Saturday, January 29, 2022

The Body keeps track

 If we think we can get away with abusing our body, taking it for granted, it will sooner or later let you know who the boss really is. 

We presume we are our bodies, and that our actions are separated from any effects on our physical and emotional selves. Intellectually, we all know this is not true, and we, and I speak for myself, need to be reminded from time to time. Though I’m getting better. I was not always like this. 

Late nights and holiday indulgences have taken some toll and my body has clearly let me know that’s not acceptable. So I’ve slept most of the last 24 hours. 

Besides, I’m all wintered out. Wearing layers of clothing and cap and scarf  and a coat over all of that, plus struggling to keep the mask on is not my style- at least not for prolonged periods of time. 

I thought I could keep up my daily gratitude writing habit permanently. That would have been easy, except that one break can have a domino effect and threw me off course. 

Ended up writing other stuff which, let’s just say I thought should wait. 

Grateful today, or rather tonight for feeling better now, after my foolishness of not wearing a coat and the accompanying paraphernalia when we had to go for our COVID tests after a 5 days quarantine since arriving in NL. Ended up getting sick with catching cold. Not the sneezing kind, but the wind blast headache and chills. Soon found myself with a full blown migraine type horror which kept me in bed. Lesson learned. I hope. Oh, and the test results were negative. Thank God for that too. 

Was constantly sipping hot water, most of which I couldn’t keep down. That’s my style of being really sick when I do something wrong. A hot water bottle always helps. Finally I think it may have been the one ounce of ginger ale that came to the rescue. Such a pretty can, called Gingerella! 

Woke up to drink water, again! Thought I’d check on something on my phone, and then decided I miss not having written. So here I am , and headed to the kitchen to refill my hot water bottle. They are such a comfort. 

For the hot water bottle, and for safe passage across the air and the seas, and on trams and trains and on roads, thank you God. 

Veenu Banga

30th January 2022. 

2:07 am


No comments:

Post a Comment